Related Posts with Thumbnails

¶ About a dream

>> 18 September 2009





¶ Last night, I had a dream. In my dream a pretty face drew closer to me. There was pin drop silence and it was just both of us. There were times I was threatened by the shadows of night...Those nights were colder and I don't quite remember the last time I dreamt of something remarkable. Here I glimpse a beautiful world, where the quotes mentioned on a craft did tempt, seduce and hugged my lonely soul…so softly…

And it read "You are entering a mysterious and fascinating world of dreams where the rules of reality do not apply"

Reality is bias to what we act upon. So does the dream that thrive from a heart that wishes to live a life worth for mankind. I remember reading somewhere stating that a dream unifies the body, mind and spirit. How well you think if your spirit did blend with your mind when a dream took you away to a distant hill to let you rejoice in harmony? Such a long question has got a simple thought, yet perplexed, and at times leaving a blank illussion to fill the space.

Firstly, I have no clue about body, mind and spirit. Secondly, I don't remember most of the dreams that I see. Thirdly, I really get frighten by a golden face that visits me rarely.

¶ Last night I had a dream. It was a dream wherein a pretty face led me across the land where I stayed. She was so sweet… so calm… so real…

For once, I wished to live forever… For once I wanted to dwell in the present… For once I wanted to be under the same sky where birds chant, rivers roll and skies pour…

The red dress she wore did lighten up my spirit… mind… and while taking me across the street, crossing lanes and shops, I saw a black coated mask behind the church symmetry. The symmetry had the number 666 on it. The pretty face glanced through her big brown eyes to confront the terror that she saw on my face. She wanted to see me in high spirits… Did I just passed by a sign of life?

I know not… I know nobody other than the charming girl who took me away from my sleep to this Island where it's just both of us… I can hear no bird chant… I can see no star above us… There is hush around the place…

As when we reached the shore, she took me by the hand showing a way to cross the island in a boat. We paddled across the beach… At times, silence can break your heart… And the young lady who showed me the way is glaring at a distant hill… Spiteful words can hurt your feelings but her silence… It doesn’t hurt me… But it's s-c-a-r-y… I kind of felt silence had the LOUDESTvoice…

The darkness around me did jolt me a bit… My wits been withered in silence… I just wanted to get back from here… The girl was still staring at the distant hill and as when we reached the other end, she beamed at me. I got out from the boat and when she was walking in front of me, I noticed a number that's tattooed on her left arm. That number...

Just before I could even scream, I ran back and …

*** Dreams are not complete… And my dream ends without any conclusion. 

10 comments:

Keshi September 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

ty for visiting my online home :)

Life is also a dream...it never completes. When it seems to complete, it just ends. i.o.w. when we wake up from the dream called Life, we r dead.

Keshi.

N J September 19, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Hey thanx... it reminds me of these lines...

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone...

Unknown September 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

Yeah dreams never complete.Sometimes its ends in such a bizzare way,that more often than not i try finding conclusions for every dream...But the bottom line always remains in the fact that..Dreams are dreams because they dont end!

nice read!..

N J September 19, 2009 at 2:59 AM  

Yeh... dreams are dreams and they don't end... True... thanx

Unknown September 19, 2009 at 3:41 AM  

U c dreams are a part of us & what we dream is what we always wish for to happen in some way or the other... its just that dreams dont end cz we dont stop dreaming... All said & done its just part of life..

Nice write up!

Regards
Yasmin

N J September 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

"its just that dreams dont end cz we dont stop dreaming... All said & done its just part of life..." <<< I liked it... thanx

LIFE: A Collection Of Beautiful Memories! September 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

well written... most of the dreams dont make any sense to us... but yes sometimes they do make us meet the real us in ourselves... they do make us happie...and they dont let tat. hope die....

reminds me of the lines..

bheegte rahe hum baarish mein..
maangi kisi se panaah toh nahi...
khwahishein poori na hon to na sahii..
parkhwaab dekhna gunaah toh nahi!!

so dream on hun!
cheers..
Megha

N J September 20, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

Those were beautiful lines, Megha! Sometimes it makes me wonder and yeh there is just one way to get rid of them... i.e to keep dreaming...

Anonymous October 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

To be honest NJ, this post reminds me of losing a love, where you have to be confronted with the truth of a situation...maybe she leaves never to return and there's no saving her...from herself. Very Sad.

N J October 9, 2009 at 5:17 AM  

i guess you are right... it was a feeling of loosing what we desired for... waited so long and here goes the dream in vain... sigh!

All Rights Reserved

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

N J on FB

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP